PNV 1.57% $2.58 polynovo limited

PNV - Banter and General Comments, page-5609

1. 7,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1345
    A bit more reading, it seems like stratagraft is designed to replace the autografting aspect to reduce the amount of donor tissue required - similar indication to AVH.

Now whether it could be used immediately on a very unwell patient and bypass the need for temporising the wound prior to grafting (BTMs domain) is unknown, they didn't do their trial on sick patients, and whether the graft would take on the setting of infection, shock, multi organ pathology is unknown.

It has the same rate of infection as an autograft, which means it is very susceptible to infection.

They have the prescriber information available on the website, and the process looks a bit complex - need to get into theatre, prep wound, figure out how much you need, then thaw it, and then soak it in a solution - all of which are multi step processes after the patient has been anaesthetised.

Also has a strange life long side effect when it comes to donation (see below).

Not sure of pricing but as it involves donors the process to synthesise may be quite involved.

All in all I'm not overtly concerned. It may compete with BTM in some aspects but if a wound would have poor results (cosmetic defect, tethering) if an autograft was placed directly, I'd imagine it would have poor results if this were placed directly. And that's where BTM may help.

AVH should definitely be concerned.

DYOR. Not my area of expertise.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3825/3825764-3df65e7dd4459432a3e60e270520ace2.jpg
    Last edited by DocMcstuffins: 24/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.58
Change
0.040(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.781B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.56 $2.59 $2.53 $3.881M 1.517M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10150 $2.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.58 38947 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.