PNV 4.74% $2.43 polynovo limited

I guess it's a bit of a prisoners dilemma, in a...

1. 7,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1344
    I guess it's a bit of a prisoners dilemma, in a way.

There's so many outstanding shorts at the moment, and not a lot of volume (still seeing a large amount of daily volume as shorts that don't end up counting towards cumulative total, meaning maybe some covering/churn or maybe reporting inaccuracies).

So as long as no one is actively covering, and they continue putting selling pressure they may convince more legit holders to sell out of frustration.

But if any of them decide to cover and take profits, it may trigger a bit of a covering frenzy as the buying demand increases.

I worry that we will be booted from the ASX 200 come December rebalancing, because I don't know what that would mean.

Would certain funds be required to sell? Would that plunge the price further, and is this what the shorts are hoping for in order to close?

And how is that a smart strategy for those funds? As by definition, in some cases, they would be forced to be buying high (when a company enters asx) and selling low (if they are booted).

Anyways, I'm waiting with bated breath for any positive news. We need a new CEO, we are waiting for official chronic wound data, and first patient enrolled into beta cells trial could be any day now.

Just wondering what their end game could possibly be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.43
Change
0.110(4.74%)
Mkt cap ! $1.677B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.39 $2.45 $2.38 $2.896M 1.198M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $2.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.43 9997 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.