PNV 0.78% $2.58 polynovo limited

this thread seems to have run down a bit of a rabbit hole, what...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 368
    this thread seems to have run down a bit of a rabbit hole, what with the Ukraine and all ...

anyhow shorts are now 9% (over 60 million by my reckoning)
    what did surprise me however was that in the last month with the SP dropping 50cents the shorts went up up only 1% ..
    given the ease with which the shorts are dropping the SP, I expect that they will continue on their merry way until buyers and sanity return

it does beg the question of why the shorts are having an easy run of it, after all the last company update was positive (read Macquarie's analysis) and even more staff are being employed .. so why the ease?
    well there was an up tick in hospitalisations in the States with covid in January but this is now declining (sorry MSBer's but the pandemic is just about at an end)
    and now we have the Ukraine which I still think is a pretty weird reason for the SP to be under pressure .. but what the hell people are allowed to panic for whatever reason they want ...
    I would however note that it is the history of the S&P that 6 months after a geopolitical crisis, it is invariably higher than what it was before the crisis

finally after reading Marla's post earlier today, I am a little bit more hopeful that there won't be a war and that what we are seeing instead is the Cuban missile crisis only in reverse .. one where it is the administration in Washington who end up looking like dills ..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.58
Change
0.020(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $1.780B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.61 $2.63 $2.56 $2.465M 952.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 10700 $2.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.58 24502 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.