PNV 0.41% $2.45 polynovo limited

Off current topic from what's currently happening but would love...

1. 224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Off current topic from what's currently happening but would love some opinions from some of the experienced followers here. (i am looking at you @hottod haha)

I know we have not seen too much info on the PNV hernia option.
    but I just wanted to have a chat about Aroa's "Ovitex" product.

so it is biologic in the sense that it is comprised of multiple AROA ECM sheets (ovine forestomach) BUT, it is reinforced with either embroidered permanent (polypropylene) or temporary (PGA) synthetic polymers.

I did not actually realize the middle layer was synthetic (and potentially resorbable?), but the general idea of this product is where I imagine PNV go with theirs except 100% synthetic. But I can see how having the temporary synthetic in the middle of the biologic would also maybe help fix the problem they have with the current hernia mesh. I have had a bit more of a think about it and can probably see aroa doing pretty well out of just this product as its probably better than the old hernia mesh's and they may have a bit of a jump on PNV with this taking this addressable market.

I think the question will be how many would then swap from AROA to PNV with cheaper costs and better ethical platforms (not derived from animals)

for me it could go two ways.
    1. Aroa start to take market share and then PNV have to invest to convince people to swap. (I am not sure if hernia repair has the same issues with infection that dermal wounds do?)
    or
    2. Aroa are doing the hard yards in making the market for this product, then PNV comes in with great uptake in other fields and adoption of the PNV device happens quickly.

Im not sure where I stand but would love an open chat about it with others that probably know more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.45
Change
0.010(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $1.691B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.45 $2.51 $2.43 $5.243M 2.122M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 35541 $2.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.46 2681 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.