PNV 0.41% $2.45 polynovo limited

People on HC like to talk in absolutes, and yes im sure no one...

1. 538 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 212
    People on HC like to talk in absolutes, and yes im sure no one is basing their investment decision solely on HC posts. That said, it most definitely plays a part in the majority of users decision making. The issue here is that low quality posts dont drive decision making.low sentiment posters on PNV parrot similar ideals "i see a substantial loss coming" or "i see the stock dropping to $1.6 in 2 weeks". These negative sentiment posts are a waste of time because they offer no real substance or validity outside of an easily identifiable bias. They provide only entertainment value to those who wish to engage with them.However there does exist low sentiment posts that actually discuss numbers, discuss articles, discuss true reasons for their sentiment and those are as valuable if not more than the positive sentiment high effort posts.

There has definitely been numerous occasions i have identified a potential stock to purchase, done research (usually that confirms my predetermined view), but have then checked HC and found a very valid low sentiment opinion that has prevented me from purchasing. Im certain this applies to the majority of people on HC, even if its subconscious and they dont actually realise the impact some posts have on their decision making.The reality is confirmation bias is a real thing, and investors will seek out information that supports their predetermined opinion of the stock which leads to poor financial decisions. HC provides a platform for individuals to present different opinions and information that conflicts with my opinion and thats really useful. The hard thing with PNV is the company is really solid IMO, and so we dont have access to high quality low sentiment opinions as they are difficult to create. Look at the low sentiment posts on here, you have a man who only posts on PNV, is a self proclaimed lover of trading and should therefore have intricate knowledge on PNV, its competitors and the market, and yet we dont get comments critiquing clinical studies, we dont get opinions that refer to sources discussing why compeetitors products are superior, we dont get anything other than mostly nonsense and bragging. That said , other stocks , with weaker companies actually have really reasonable people who point out very valid problems with the company and support those opinions with sources.

Also its not about being unconfident in your investment thesis, the argument is your attempting to maximise your utility by creating posts in your own interest. Ideally if you could generate a post on here that would make every reader invest 10k into PNV, wouldnt you do it?? i would because that would benefit me. so if someone believes that HC influences the buying behaviour of retail investors, which my previous post alluded that it did based on literature, then they really are justified in posting to further their interests.

I get you dont do that, but others most definitely do, and probably for good reasoni just really wished there would be an uptick in the quality of the low sentiment posts but im encouraged by the fact that no one can fill that void, it shows the potential of PNV and supports my own investment thesis

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.45
Change
0.010(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $1.691B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.45 $2.51 $2.43 $5.243M 2.122M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 35541 $2.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.46 2681 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.