PNV 0.38% $2.64 polynovo limited

PNV - Banter and General Comments, page-9933

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 87
    Agree with:
    US rapid staff expansion
    Canadian, HK, Japan, UK market direct entry
    excellent product and appears to be gather momentum and trialled by new surgeons with new uses

Disagree with:
    Distributor model has performed extremely poorly, quick first order but nothing much after, Germany appears to be the only one that’s selling and how much of that is a byproduct of Russian/Ukraine war is not clear.
    Poor and inadequate news announcements and financial reporting, this I have raised many times. Form and format is very unprofessional. Information flow also stagnate DFU trial, hernia, breast, only mentioned when asked at Q&A, regular flow would be nice.
    Best practice adoption for reporting would be preferred, whether it be monthly or quarterly not adhoc, ARX, AVH similar to us all do it. Forward revenue projection/budget shared with the market also nice, why withhold such information
    Staffing - CFO/company secretary appears out of his depth, paying peanuts and getting monkeys, new research director moved from board
    Board of directors - most are aligned with DW and are on lots of boards together, as a group they haven’t done well in the last four years, time for new blood
    Capital raising timing - had plenty of opportunity to raise fund much earlier and at much better price but msg was don’t need but out of the blue changed course, would have preferred it done at 3 or above

Questionable:
    India direct entry, hoping it pays off but like Swami pointed out most burns are treated in the public system but unfortunately most burns occur in women and children that are from low socioeconomic backgrounds, I am a realist and I am not sure the Indian govt/healthcare system do care that much about them. Hope I am wrong. Price will also be a lot lower, India also just as likely to infringe on IP as China and then remarked our product to the rest of the world.
    Swami - J&J is a different company to PNV, it’s well staffed and financed, unsure atm whether he is the right person for the job
    DW - his ability to take PNV forward, he doesn’t have the track record, his record is turning companies around and not taking companies on giant leap forward
    R&D - starting to spend here but have had nothing to show for it in the years since BTM/MTX was developed out of csiro. Hope they can but it’s a worry as hernia and breast has gone nowhere

not exhaustive just me rumbling

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.