PNV 2.02% $2.42 polynovo limited

PNV - Chart, page-14007

1. 1,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 873
    charting works because large institutional buyers use various methodologies to accumulate and distribute around averages and such. Algorithms are programmed in such a way that one can also trade around them by observing their footprint. This is the higher level of charting imo.

To your point though - yes I agree that for the most part many people trade all the standard patterns that thousands of books have written about - however smart money exploits this thinking and that is their edge. A truly scientific charter trades like an institutional trader or investor. It is no small feat and you're unlikely to encounter these individuals in the retail space.

Buy and hold is a fine model to use provided your time horizon is long enough. But don't try and kid yourself that you'd love to had sold the top and used that profit to accumulate an even larger position at adiscount in the base structure. That's an edge that I think is worth pursuing and the only thing stopping an individual from acquiring those skills is that individual.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.42
Change
-0.050(2.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.670B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.40 $2.45 $2.35 $3.794M 1.575M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2112 $2.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.42 27096 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.