PNV 7.88% $2.60 polynovo limited

This is a good young company with a very bright future. I've...

1. 8,901 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8163
    This is a good young company with a very bright future. I've been very happy with my investment and gains, however I sold all my shares to take the profit, including the last ones I was holding at 2.17 as the SP started to fall.

Of all the different reasons and excuses I've seen written, I haven't seen the obvious one (maybe I just missed it) .

It was this from the Chairman's address ......" Whether we need additional capital for R&D and for manufacturing expansion is a work in progress. "

That is like waving a White flag at a bull market. Most of the time companies say we don't need to do a cap raise, then turn around and do one 2 weeks later. That statement will be taken by many as "expect a cap raise soon".
    Whether accurate or not, that will be the perception of players in the market. People then sell to either get new shares cheaper, or just need to sell to pay for the new shares when they come to the market asking.

The lack of new numbers and forecasts being "commercially sensitive" didn't do much for me either.

On a slightly different take, there is a company that I'm watching that has greater revenue than PNV, is growing fast in a growth market, with half year sales to June up 96% on prior half year, then following quarter up another 94%. It already is making a profit and the June half year sales revenue was over $16m, so higher than PNV.
    The point of mentioning this other company is that it's market cap is around $60m, so putting the mcap here in perspective.

Overall the market wants to see the progress in numbers, and having a potential cap raise hanging over the stock never does much for the SP.

I'll definitely be looking to buy back as the product is fantastic, with great future potential in other products, but when the hype goes out of a stock it usually takes something really good stop the downward momentum.
    As this is the chart thread, the obvious place for support is somewhere around the $1.50 area, which is where I'll be looking to re enter. If it doesn't get there then that is my bad luck, but I have my plan and will stick to it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.60
Change
0.190(7.88%)
Mkt cap ! $1.794B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.45 $2.60 $2.26 $13.16M 5.309M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 13286 $2.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.60 392433 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.