ZML 0.66% 75.5¢ zip co limited

PocketBook Growth Opportunities

1. 241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Nice write up here about Pocketbook which ZML acquired late last year.

https://www.*.com.au/how-a-spreadsh...oom-became-a-fintech-with-300000-users-2017-5

Australians are becoming more financially aware and educated and tools such as Pocketbook which help users keep track of their finances are becoming more relevant. With 30K users and growing the monetisation options of this are huge.

At first glance introducing Pocketbooks users to ZipPay services seems like a slam dunk win which would accelerate ZML's growth tremendously. They could integrate the Zip account with the pocketbook account so users can see exactly where they stand.

Selling financial services on pocketbook also seems like a lucrative play. They will be able to see users, home loans, credit cards, savings accounts and can them recommend products which result in a better deal for users. This business model works great for the comparison aggregators, however they dont have the benefit of seeing what products users are actually currently using, nor what they are paying. Imagine being able to see that someone has a credit card where they are paying 20% interest and being able to market to them a product where they can save money. It is extremely targeted and i would imagine merchants offering these services would bid up for access to it.

Selling advertising on the platform would also be another lucrative revenue stream. For example, merchant could pay the platform a fee to be included in a rewards style offering where users receive credits for shopping at those merchants.

The opportunity here is massive on account of having the data pertaining to users spending and savings habits at your fingertips.

As far as i know PocketBook has not started to monetise the platform at all yet, and i view this as a strong factor for growth as far as ZML in concerned.

https://www.*.com.au/how-a-spreadsh...oom-became-a-fintech-with-300000-users-2017-5

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.