NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Eagleview claim a patent for measuring from 2 or more images...

1. 155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Eagleview claim a patent for measuring from 2 or more images where the location and pose of the image is known - aka aerial triangulation - invented in the early 1900's. Go figure. They just specify using it for roofs. Again, hardly novel.

This method is as old as the hills .. as alluded to in the podcast notes. Photogrammetry 101 basically. It is interesting as other software uses this methods to measure .. eg Leica Infinity can take images taken from a total station and users can triangulate back in the office. I could measure a roof .. but Eagleview aren't knocking down the door to Leica now are they.

The structure-from-motion algorithm I've mentioned heaps too .. ContextCapture, Pix4D, Reality Capture, Agisoft, Zephyr .. just a few off the top of my head (we and Nearmap by chance use Context) can generate 3D meshes from 2D images. All of these packages also do the photography alignment - not just 2 x photos at time, but potentially hundreds of thousands.

So Nearmap use out-of-the-box software to generate a mesh, and then measure the mesh.

Again, where is Eagleview's challenge to any of the software providers above?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.