GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Management of junior gold companies need to inform their...

1. 1,544 Posts.
    Management of junior gold companies need to inform their shareholders and the market if they are expending money on gold exploration which has no chance of being recovered, because the costs of actually mining the gold will be higher than the returns.
    Surely it would be unethical at the very least to expend shareholders funds in the knowledge that it cannot be recovered.
    I'm sorry but these figures quoted don't make sense to me. On these figures very few gold miners would be profitable and very few explorers would have the chance of making money either.
    Some of these juniors will be hugely profitable and again one or two might fall by the wayside.
    We already know there have been very few large finds in the past ten years and the large miners, like Barrick etc, will have to replace their dwindling supplies.
    They will come shopping for juniors' deposits.
    Already J P Morgan is taking positions in juniors, CRK for example.
    They are looking to the future, at the much bigger picture.
    There's ultimately the question of supply and demand. There's an ever increasing demand for gold as a store of wealth in uncertain times.
    Central banks are buying and converting fiat into gold bars. Individuals all over the world are starting to clamour for gold knowing its one of the few ways to maintain their capital.
    Gold's time is yet to come.
    The mini crash overnight was not so unusual and it's already recovering. It is not unexpected that some would take profits at this time. Also some would close out contracts prior to Independence Day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.