SDF 0.48% $6.32 steadfast group limited

@madamswer if you didn't have capital gains to take into account...

1. 16,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8106
    @madamswer if you didn't have capital gains to take into account would you be selling sdf (maybe after results come out) based on the feeling that this is as good as it gets for sdf for now?

In a word: yes.

While I really like the business model (especially the "trapdoor moat" nature of SDF's INSIGHTS platform and the way it will drive earnings growth over the next several years), and while I also note the tailwinds to earnings in the form of the hardening rate cycle, at a 12-month prospective P/E multiple of ~20x and an EV/EBITDA multiple of around 12x, the stock is clearly pricing in a lot of the "good news", already.

But - while I don't think I'm particularly good at playing tactical games when it comes to the buying and selling of stocks - in SDF's case I would try to finesse it by waiting until the result announcement has been digested by the market before selling.

For the simple reason that, even though large elements of the market know full well that the result will be a good one, and that the accompanying commentary about business conditions will be positive, the stock will still gap up a few percent on the day.

That's what happened to IAG... a good result with outlook commentary that was favourable because rates continued to be strong - something which was already quite observable to the market - and still the stock price jumped up 5% anyway.

PS. With all that said, I hope the company doesn't do a capital raising or have one of its directors get arrested for fraud or a major financial crisis hit the globe before SDF releases its result!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.32
Change
0.030(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $6.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.36 $6.24 $5.884M 931.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12212 $6.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.33 9859 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SDF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.