3DP 6.67% 3.2¢ pointerra limited

Others have outlined all of the reasons to like this company, so...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    Others have outlined all of the reasons to like this company, so I won't rehash them again.

What I would like to add is that I watched 3DP since it reverse listed as SOI back in 2016. Though I liked Rob Newman (I had been a Nearmap shareholder for 6 years by that point, and am still a holder today), and liked 3DP for all the reasons stated by others above, I was held back by the clear need to raise capital (not yet breakeven, and not breakeven in the foreseeable future) and options overhang (there were some 102m 5c options expiring 30 June 2019, roughly 25% of the existing shares on issue).

I ended up purchasing my first lot at the end of 2018 off some industry rumblings but in hindsight that was still "too early". The bulk of my purchases happened towards the end of 2019 after I had a chance to meet Ian when he did a small investor meetup in Sydney, and the update (to my interpretation) showed a strong likelihood that 3DP would soon reach cashflow positive. Again, in hindsight I was still too early from a cashflow POV - it would be another 15 months before they showed an actual CF positive quarter but throughout 2020 they showed solid ACV growth so I didn't feel bad about holding.

The takeaways are for micro caps, apart from product/thematics you need to be conscious of the cashflow position. If they're not hitting CF positive soon they will inevitably have to raise so then you need to consider the cap table and investor sentiment. Also, you need to know if you can trust the info management is giving you so you need confidence in the management team.

I like to meet people face to face, but at the very least you should have some email contact. Also, be critical of the announcements made. One of the signs that you /shouldn't/ trust a management team is when they change their goals regularly. This is surprisingly common, where one quarter they'll say "we're working on X", then next quarter onwards X is never mentioned again. It's ok to say "we tried X and decided not to continue it" but if it is simply omitted you should stay away because that sort of management team will be the type that tells you good news but never talks about the bad stuff.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.2¢
Change
0.002(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.1¢ $36.12K 1.144M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1220576 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.