taughtbuffetThat's a very good question. I was Christened C of E...

1. 6,637 Posts.
    taughtbuffet

That's a very good question. I was Christened C of E as a child and several of my family members are ministers. So my religious education was primarily Christian although my parents were atheists. I will always believe in the teachings of Christ and a not so literal bible in general.

However, every religious founder, Moses, Jesus, Krishna etc all said they would return. We know about Christ and the second coming. Krishna said I will be born from age to age. So it is not so much as reincarnation but rather the Holy Spirit returning to inspire a manifestation of the Creator. They see themselves as one being having no purpose but the purpose of the will of God. I do not believe in any form of reincarnation or past lives. It suggests that God doesn't know how to make His creatures properly. We're all unique.

I do not believe that God is subject to nature, nature is subject to God.

It will take me a lot of questioning and reading before I accept the Baha'i Faith as the religion for this age. All I was pointing out is that Jesus said he would return with a new name and that name would be 'Glory of God.'
    Baha'u'llah literally means Glory of God. The place, the time frame and the claim are very interesting, no more than that. Surely a seeker like yourself finds that interesting also, even if only to disprove this lot.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.