QBE 1.16% $17.11 qbe insurance group limited

points to remember about qbe's financials, page-21

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    Hard to press the button sometimes, GC, particularly when some of these shares, like QBE, can lose their half year dividend in a day!

I'm mostly in cash, but that's because my shares have mostly lost heaps of dough. Hard to know whether to buy, sell or hold. I've been looking at ranges of share prices, but the AFR has an article today discussing a "secular bear market" (measured from the slowdown from the 2007 top), and because I got into shares @ All Ords 4250 a little over a year ago, enjoyed the rise, invested more money, and watched it fall apart a bit over several months, I'm not sure what the new ranges should be. If so many shares are at yearly lows, when do they become "cheap"? So, I have to experience these lows, to work through the cycles, and know it for next time. The delight of the share market, I feel, is that one has to experience it, to have future direction. It can't be read in books.

In terms of QBE, it may be to my detriment, but it is a buy and hold kind of share, whereas I go for the "exciting" speccies, that plummet, and make my eyes pop out of my head. Either that or I'm just looking for opportunities, and following placements to get SI rates, or just looking for something different. All a learning curve, which I thoroughly enjoy. :)

Sorry holders, for off-topic business. I'll stop hogging now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.11
Change
-0.200(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $25.91B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.38 $17.38 $17.04 $10.17M 591.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 6408 $17.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.11 3810 29
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.56pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.