LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

Probably not very practical now. In US again I do not know AU...

1. 7,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501

Probably not very practical now. In US again I do not know AU Law, laws are usually very close to allow a countries stock to be traded on multiple exchanges. Board has to decide to do it. Then it has to be approved by stock holders. Before stock holders can even vote, lawyers have to draw it up. SEC has to review and approve. Then it has to go out to all stock holders and there is a comment and waiting periods. Then there has to be a special General meeting and it is voted on. During that time. WES could go hostile buy shares on market and very possibly kill it at GM. With 4 major shareholders hard to say how many shares WES would need but not 50%. IF 2 or 3 of the major share holders sold to them that would probably be all they needed. Maybe a good idea for future but probably too late to change WES. Also look up "tendering of stock" Wes could strike tender deals with a couple of the majors holders.

There is a good reason for the board not doing this earlier. By normal standard Lynas was not an attractive take over. Numbers just did not make sense. This is why absolutely no one has shown interest in competing with WES.

Does anyone know if WES strikes Tender deals with major holders that exceeds 5% if they have to report it, I do not. Since ownership and voting stay with original owner untill tender is closed but the owner has to sell when called it is an interesting question.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.