CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

poland the big polluter, page-16

1. edd
    930 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Hi vanolankur, I'm not sure that I understand your question exactly but perhaps you are puzzled about the nature of the contract Cougar entered into with the Qld govt in the first place, that is, the agreement that originally authorised the construction of the Kingaroy pilot plant. If so, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first. The kinds of things that have been said about CXY's presence in Kingaroy by DERM (under Bligh), KCCG, Dorothy Pratt, and on and on ... are enough to make anyone think that Len must have stumbled into Kingaroy one day, had a bright idea that he thought it looked a great place to build a UCG plant, got out his shovel and started digging. This is simply a reductio ad absurdum scenario to highlight what I think your point might be: that there was a time in past history when the kinds of objections now being made about Cougar's activities in Kingaroy should have been made loudly and clearly and permission denied. And if it's all as bad as Cougar's opponents are now claiming then it's about time someone told them the time for saying it was before they gave the initial go ahead. If that's what you're saying, then I agree with you.

Prior to the Qld election, in the only statement I ever heard Campbell Newman make when he actually spoke explicitly about Cougar, he said something to the effect that in govt he would be having a hard look at the agreement under which Cougar was given permission to go ahead at Kingaroy. Something like that. Anyone else remember it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.