Firstly I must admit I have not even read the pdf documents but...

1. RM
    7,396 Posts.
    Firstly I must admit I have not even read the pdf documents but magnetic pole flips are known historical events, my commentary is about worlds and cataclysm in the bible.

It is not conducive to a general internet forum DBT9 due to the depth of topics covered and it is also more of a front room debate it falls into the category of adiaphora within Christianity.

I had a american pastor friend who loathed this view he had attacked it vehemently wanted my opinion because he trusted my systematic theological approach. I really did not have an interest in the topic but what did spike my interest is this pastor is a sharp cookie he has an aeronautical engineering background and several other degrees. So I suspected he could not disprove it which must have irritated him, all though he did not like it, so wanted an another set of eyes

First thing you do when you research a topic is find out exactly what one side is proposing and what the opposing side is saying. Then you need to work out if each side is actually addressing the other side or talking past each other.

Then the easy bit exclude the straw man arguments, the liberal scholars if used you will find a nut job backing anything and everything if you look hard enough and the run of the mill village idiots on the topic.

You then take a short cut and find any trusted biblical centred individuals whether scholars academic expositors that have a consistent hermeneutical approach to the Bible, much easier to follow their pattern of thoughts and detect if they diverge from their systematic approach over a single issue, it may be their pet issue.

You then try to find people who hold this view who are from different traditions and find what are their best arguments so you remove traditions from the equation but you must clearly define what they are saying without expanding their views which invites most often straw man opposition.

You then find the very best arguments against their positions using the same criteria as above and evaluate the two opposing view.

So you find the best vs the best from trusted conservative bible scholars/expositors on this topic.

Then you do your own research which takes a lot longer to do.

I then confirmed my mates irritation was well founded.

Last edited by RM: 14/12/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.