re: police drink driving story1 Thanks, would be interested to...

1. 4,460 Posts.
    re: police drink driving story1 Thanks, would be interested to see it. Yes I know of some police who were transferred, quit etc, were harrassed or set up, or had cans of dog food etc put in their lockers(indicating they were dogs) for speaking out of school.

I just tried to survive the best I could, turning the odd blind eye, but the stress wore me down and I retired in 2000, hypocracy and double standards. The public deserves better Service nowadays, the community standards have improved just a pity public behaviour has also worsened making it tougher for police.

I have many stories of the good and bad. Initally I had high ideals and beliefs but everyone gets tainted as some stage to varying degrees.

I remember at the Commonwealth Games in Brisbane as a trainee again with Chermside/Clayfield and Hamilton Police. I was paid over 45hrs overtime to be at the Brisbane Airport for arrivals and departures of games atheletes. In between flights some times for 4/5 hours as a trainee I had to take police to the Army Mess near the airport to drink and play pool(on duty) in between work, even took some fishing at Crib Island behind some locked airport gates. The Inspector in charge didn't mind as long as he got a mud crab, he was drinking with the detectives at the Pinkenba hotel most of the time. LOL Trainees had to have a beer or two but not be full so they could not dob but still drive the police cars.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.