re: police drink driving shame/charry3 Hi Charry,Back in the...

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    re: police drink driving shame/charry3 Hi Charry,

Back in the days of Joh Bjelke, Qld had a 'task force' of police in plain clothes and unmarked cars who listened to all police radio traffic but chose which ones to be involved with.

Through various circumstances, one night I rode in the back seat of 1 of the 4 task force cars operating in Brisbane (I was a vet in private practice at the time and 1 of the 2 officers in the car was a client/friend).

After being picked up at my home at 9pm, the first stop was to a hotel to pick up 1/2 dozen longneck XXXX. Next stop was up near where Cloudland once was, where we met the other 3 teams and drank all the beer that everyone had brought. This apparently was an everynight starting ritual. Then off we went.

Spent some hours in 2 clubs (really rough places) as guests of the management with everything free.

I started talking about policing matters about 2am - and suddenly was taken back to my home. Goodbye.

On the other hand, I've always felt that the police have an awful job. Everyone they deal with is doing the wrong thing, or at least suspected of it. In the main, they see the worst of our society day in and day out without relent. It must colour their perception of the world and all people,however hard they might try not to let it.

No wonder they drink. No wonder there are marriage breakups.

Lord knows, I drink and am twice divorced .... and I just have to deal with normal people!

I wouldn't have their job for quids.

jmo

dub

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.