Don't believe what you hear about this. Police are required to...

1. 101 Posts.
    Don't believe what you hear about this. Police are required to salary sacrifice 1.8% of their wage into this scheme which is compulsory. What the Government cannot explain is the missing monies in the scheme which have not gone to injured police but presumably into the coffers of insurance companies and in administration costs. They may well harp on about payments made but this is the gross payment, not the nett payment and is the sole payment for injured police to continue for the rest of their working lives. People may scoff at PTSD but when anyone is regularly exposed to death etc over time it is a common occurence - and believe me police see some things that you would not wish on your worst enemy. As far as 'holding a gun to the Govt's head,' the NSW Govt has not at any stage been prepared to negotiate with the NSW Police or the NSW Police Association to achieve a suitable outcome. The NSW Police Association has made it clear that they would prefer to negotiate but this legislation is being rammed though regardless. Now just ponder this: is it fair for any organisation to pay into a compulsory scheme and then have it ripped out from under them without any say? If you paid into a long term insurance policy and it was reduced by 75% would you be happy? I think not. I have been in the 'job' for 22 years and can only speak for those I know - I do not know of any of my colleagues who have taken the so called 'mortgage buster' option.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.