It is a great pity, Henson chose to do this. We now must lose...

1. 8,980 Posts.
    It is a great pity, Henson chose to do this. We now must lose faith in the "artist's" profession as we have lost faith in the doctor's profession, the teacher's, the priest's the ambulance driver's because some of these characters, decided to take the law into their own hands and behave according to how they feel rather than according to the laws of the land: judicial as well as moral.

I have no idea what this artist's other paintings look like or whether they included naked children -I've seen in other forums that he is interested only in girls. If so, he had, unfortunately, got away with it and it's a reflection of our poor system of child-protection. He should have those photos confiscated.

Comparing his acts with those that are even worse -and there are many such works around (as pro nude-kids photo advocates strenuously point out) does not make the act of a man luring a child into his studio where he asks her to take her clothes off and pose for him in any way he chooses, at all proper: again, in terms of law as well as morals.

Blaming the corporate sexualisation of the kids does not justify the lurid advances of someone with a fistful of sleazy incentives towards a child.

Yes, the media promotes decadence. It's in its very reson d' etre. Without it it would not exist. So they promote it and shove it down our throats on a constant basis.

The slogan "State censorship is no good," is nonsense. Of course the State must intervene when things go wrong within its borders. Laws are broken and the State must do its best to protect those laws. No one: artist, teacher, doctor, shrink, politician or priest has any right to break those laws.
    No father, mother, brother, neighbour, uncle, grand father has any right to abuse a child or an adult.

I don't care how "beautiful" or how "fuzzy" or how "artistic" the product is, if it's obtained illegally and by such lurid means. It destroys our society and it demeans us as human beings.

All of us.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.