police target low level speeders, page-26

1. 2,754 Posts.
    Did someone change the regulations for speedometers, last time i looked they only had to be correct within 10Klm either way, and then there is the issue of tyre pressures and sizes that would require re-callibration of the speedo, i know the speedo in my new Holden Cruize is out by 7Klm under the actual speed, so i adjust my speed to travel according to my GPS which is always within 1 Klm, but not everyone has a GPS, does this now mean if your speedo records a speed below what you are actually traveling you can pass on the ticket and the points to the company that manufactured the speedo, or should we give them to the mechanic who is supposed to make sure that everything is working properly, i vote we all pass such speeding tickets on to the police commissioner to be forwarded to and payed for by those responsible for speedometer callibration, of course if it's an unworkable law they are bringing in because other laws prevent the end user from being able to comply it would be UN-enforcable in court.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.