HIG 0.00% 10.5¢ highlands pacific limited

political positive

1. 2,035 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    This article posted online 8.00pm August 25.
    There is certainly some comfort here.

Gau reaffirms commitment to Ramu mine

Madang Governor James Gau has assured the Chinese government that the people of Madang support the US$1.4 billion (K3.2 billion) Ramu NiCo project in Madang, reports The National.

During his meeting with Chinese Ambassador Qiu Bohua in Madang last Saturday, Gau said the O�Neill government and his provincial administration supported the
project and hoped to see it in full production soon.
He welcomed Qiu to Madang, saying the people, especially in his Raicoast electorate where the Ramu NiCo refinery was built, needed the project because of its positive economic benefits and spin-offs.

�I give you my full support. Ramu NiCo was constant, persistent even when there was unnecessary opposition and we have gone through,� Gau said.

He gave an undertaking that his government would work together with the national government to ensure outstanding commitments by the state were honoured to avoid further unnecessary frustrations and delays.

Qiu who was on a familiarisation trip to Madang and the Ramu nickel project thanked Gau, reminding him that the Ramu NiCo pro�ject was the largest
Chinese investment in PNG and the South Pacific region.
He urged the Madang provincial government to nurture the project like a �baby� that is still growing to maturity because it would bring a better future for the province and the government and stands as a bilateral win-win cooperation between PNG and China.

�PNG is the largest trading partner with China in the region and PNG has the largest investment from China and Madang as a host to Ramu NiCo is very important to China,� Qiu said.

Start it up boys !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.