MMS 1.13% $17.88 mcmillan shakespeare limited

Hi OckerThanks for that information but I would be very...

1. 2,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2862
    Hi Ocker
    Thanks for that information but I would be very surprised if the demise of Toyota brought about a change in FBT rules for salary sacrificed cars in the next two years. It would just hasten the closure dates for the Ford, Holden and Toyota factories.

Another important point is that with the local manufacturers having such a small share of the market you could expect that about 80% of the cars salary sacrificed would be imported. Changing FBT laws would create chaos in that sector of the industry.

It is not to say that the Government of the day cannot change the rules but they do so at their own peril!!
    Just ask Julia Gillard about that after the Labour put forward one of their poorly thought out proposals last year. Just after that episode Julia was knifed by Kevin07.

The salary sacrifice culture is deeply ingrained in the psyche of all those employees that have access to it and I doubt there will be radical changes any time soon. The LNP have todate talked about spending restraint rather than raising taxes. Lets hope they follow that path.
    regards
    W2

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.