politics forum future, page-60

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Yodas post "Dear Members,

Admin is seriously considering shutting down the politics forum. It has become a place where some individuals seek out arguments for sport. Others continually lodge TOU violations for petty reasons. The poor old mod team (members like yourselves who would rather be discussing stocks) has to monitor all of this. HC is primarily a stock market discussion forum. We created the politics forum due to requests from our members. However if the attitude and behaviour in this forum does not drastically improve we will be forced to close it permanently."

My response: Yoda thank you for taking a stand on what has occured in the politics forum. I reposted your plea as the discussion since does not seem to have adequately grasped what is IMO the crux of the issue. Many posters hone in on the TOU issue but overlook the real reason for the problem and that is the combatative and disrespectful nature of many posts and the fact that much of what is being posted is in your words in a subsequent post "drivel" . In the past I may well have contributed to some of that drivel lol.

This will be my last post on this forum and in fact have found that since I recently stopped engaging the threads I have been able to focus more productively on stock related issues. Politics, like religion etc can be a very divisive issue and while debate on such issues can be legitimate IMO it is questionable that it has a legitimate place in a stock/investment discussion forum,particularly when it degenerates into the embarrassment it has become.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.