I would suggest that strong opinion is healthy. Some very...

1. 2,762 Posts.
    I would suggest that strong opinion is healthy. Some very healthy exchanges here. HC should be congratulated so far. Please don't go beige, bland or politically correct or fall in with the powers at large.

The worst is low content nonsense - makes people very annoyed and bored. This is where you could draw the line, also personal attacks or insults.

HC has a unique opportunity for people to express themselves without fear of persecution. So don't stress out about what other media outlets may think, because they have agenda's, whereas you don't presumably. Therefore you can build a reputation for being tolerant and fair of all opinion. I expect this will only multiply your popularity in a world of censorship and bland doublespeak. Abbott or Gillard can talk for 5 minutes and say nothing. Please don't require that.

As far as sexuality of politicians as a subject, I understand that some regard that as off limits. Well you can make that argument, but on the other hand I can tell you people do actually consider that these attributes effect the behaviour of a leader. Think carefully about whether you would want Bob Brown negotiating with the Chinese or to decide whether we go to war in future. I can tell you having children changes the way you think as we are all animals and this deserves consideration.

Bland argument vs emotion, Spock vs Kirk. Who would you want as captain in the end??? lol.

World is not black and white. Allow discussion.

btw Eagle is highly intelligent and unfortunately when we got on top of him he retreated to making the occasional post on polls which became a little comical. Unfortunately he was replaced with a very poor substitute, finnet. Come back Eagle please.

:)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.