CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

politics

1. 170 Posts.
    Any read across for CWE...what's happening / the consequences of the political rambling in AUS at the moment?

"Senator Bob Brown has announced that he will be stepping down as the leader of the Green Party as the party welcomes new leader Christine Milne as his successor.

The move was a surprising one by 67-year-old Senator Brown who has said that he will leave the Senate in June, The Australian reports.

However, both the Greens and the Prime Minister have stressed that the leadership change did not alter the party’s minority agreement with Labor and overall the party remains hopeful and eager to push on with green affairs.

‘I am sad to leave but happy to go,’ The Australian reports the Senator saying in Canberra.

‘It’s a great reassurance to me that under Christine leadership this team will be in place.’

Senator Milne added, ‘Rural and regional Australia has a critical role to play in this century, particularly in terms of food security in a global context, particularly in terms of renewable energy and energy efficiency.

‘Rural communities will also be the backbone of environmental sustainability and protection. I’m going out there as a country person to say to other country people that it’s time that the Greens and country and rural and regional Australia work together.

‘I also want to have a much more vigorous dialogue with progressive business in Australia.’

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.