ASX 0.25% $63.93 asx limited

poll..will the all ords get slammed tomorrow, page-100

1. 1,340 Posts.
    rick you are right.

quote "too many loans to trailer trash (who presumably wanted to become cheap-housing trash -- fair enough ambition) and the world teeters on the brink of collapse.

Lets not forget the real market in all this: according to todays SMH over 400 of the companies that make up Wall Sts S&P 500 will report an average of 11% lift in quaterly profits."end quote

The more I think about the current situation in the US with the mortage situation, the more I am convinced that the broader market is over re-acting. I believe that with some time, the true situation will be discovered and it will no longer be seen as doom and gloom and the end of the world as we know it. In the meantime, we are in for a rocky ride until the markets here, the US and the rest of the universe finally understands this. Also, we are about to see Australian companies reporting on profits. Those profits will show a healthy Australian ecomony with good earnings.

It is unknown what effect the recent events in world markets will have on both the Fed and the Australian Reserve Bank Board in relation to interest rates. I think it would be fair to say that a rate cut is more likely in the US than here. We may even see a rate hike here, albeit small. Perhaps one quarter of one percent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.