Pollies pay rise

1. 7,037 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    The latest politician pay rise is, apparently, for attracting and retaining people of calibre.

That, in my honest opinion, is the biggest contradiction in terms that I have heard in many a year.

If these same people were assessed in hard 'results' as per the private sector, almost all, irrespective of department or role, would be fired for lack of delivery.

This nation of ours is in radical decay, wages are stagnated, growth is almost non-existent and there is a monumental sum called the 'national debt' that looks like it will never be addressed. There are no plans to get us moving forward and there is no way to even pass anything through parliament due to intransigence and downright ill will - even when it is blatantly obvious it is required to enable a better outcome for the nation. That is wrong.

Whilst these same people of 'calibre' sit there in parliament laughing, joking and drinking, think about what they do for the country. It's negligible and it's, in GDP enhancing terms, disgusting.

No matter what side of the politcical coin you sit - this is wrong. For once I agree with DiNatale. The people have had a gut full - yep, I'm one of them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.