HDR hardman resources limited

I can't see polling as a very reliable way of gauging people's...

1. 480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I can't see polling as a very reliable way of gauging people's voting intentions when there is money at stake. The obvious answer is say you are voting "No" so they put more money on the table. Of course the TLW advisors may have statistics on how to account for this "honesty factor" in their polls from previous schemes?

But if they are polling they must have some concerns so I think subject to their polling and talks with instos there must be a fair chance they will go for Knock Out of say $2.40 just before the vote. Not sure how easy this would be to do if a lot of punters have sent in their proxies though, so maybe it would need to be at least a week or 2 before so revised papers could be issued.

We know this has just been a fabulously planned and executed takeover. TLW and Merrill have been slaving away on this for nearly a year based on when the share price manipulation first started, so don't expect them to leave any stone unturned before the vote. We also must remember TLW know what is happening in Uganda. The last thing they need is to lose the vote for a lousy $290 mil (extra 38cents) and have the final Kingfisher results potentially increase HDR's takeover value to over $3.00. So if TLW do up the ante before the vote we know Kingfisher is looking very good indeed. The question then becomes just how good.

Looks like we are in for some an interesting few weeks before the vote, lets hope so anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.