MOZ 0.00% 3.6¢ mosaic brands limited

polo buys into moz!!, page-6

1. 116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Polo are a large shareholder in Caledon (ASX code CCD)with circa 29%. Caledon is a coking coal producer and explorer in the Bowen Basin of Queensland, Australia. It
    acquired the mothballed Cook Mine in late 2006 and has since recommissioned the operation and
    introduced an innovative new underground mining methodology. The Company also purchased
    the nearby Minyango exploration concessions in 2006 and has completed a prefeasibility study
    on a potential underground coking and thermal coal mine.

Caledon is currently under a takeover from Chinese company Guandong Rising

As such, I find it very hard to believe that these guys have just bought 11% of the company based on pure speculation or gut feel. Somehow I think they would have done a lot more due diligence than that. So perhaps MOZ investors can have a bit more comfort around the licences, what's in the ground and whether it can be mined. Given Polo has kept increasing their stake in Caledon since it listed in early 2008, we might find that this is their new Caledon and as the cash rolls in from the takeover (it's a cash offer), that they put more money to work in MOZ, thereby underpinning the price.

I also find it interesting that a lot of shares traded between the price Polo first bought and when they rebought again. Who bought these ?? Frontrunners internally or another holder we don't know about. The buying from 27 cents to the mid-thirties was relentless.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.