polyphasic sleep

1. 1,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I need 8 hours sleep per day. Was a shiftworker many years ago and know all about having your circadian rhythms thrown out of sync. I suffer from jetlag when I travel as well.

I started delving into the IntelClinic site and the Polyphasic Society website. (and whenever I'm greeted by a donate field dominating the homepage my skepticism meter goes ballistic but I pressed on regardless). Interesting reading; especially the different types of sleeper paaterns. It has always amazed how some can function day in, day out, on 3 hrs sleep, yet others need 10.

I play around with Melatonin during long poker weekends in Brisbane. Never sleep more than 15 minutes at a time across a 3-day weekend and then have a long sleep and then return to a usual (monophasic) pattern. (end up having about 2 hours total across the 72 hour poker weekend).

Sleep, for me, is still the great unknown. Always interested in techniques to improve sleeping, its quality and post-sleep energy. The IntelClinic have a NeuroOn sleep mask coming out in July. I'm not interested in buying one; but the technology it employs is certainly of great interest.

But I would invest in a company that was breaking into virgin territories re sleep reduction but improved energy outcomes, and such.

An interesting area of study with new medical technologies emerging daily that have at least one interconnection to the big sleep Venn diagram.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.