RMS 3.61% $1.87 ramelius resources limited

ponderings

1. 5,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    Trireme/rhart3/KirbieCat,

Just a few thoughts as I have pondered on Ramelius.

It appears the Dioro takeover could be seen as a comedy play and because I/we were all aware for a very long time that RMS were looking for an acquisition, the only thing that comes to my head is that perhaps Ramelius were always interested in Dioro but Avoca beat RMS to the first punch.
    This found RMS on the back foot.

Some say that this RMS bid for Dioro is the result of Wattle Dam not living upto the earlier expectations of the company, but because we know RMS had been on the lookout for a t/over for a very long time, and because we continue to see RMS reporting high grade results at depth, (below the current mine plan) it is impossible to make any calculations. As far as I am aware RMS have never reported
    "cross sections"

From the very early days of listing, it has always appeared to me that Ramelius were hell-bent on making a major discovery and many doubted the gold nugget finds just under the surface and the market seemed to take no notice of the excellent early drilling results.

It was also apparent (to me) that RMS were in no rush just to satisfy some of its shareholders. The slowly, slowly approach has taken us very close now,to extracting its first underground ore.

I am disappointed with the share price but having experienced a similar scenario before, in which a gold company played things very close to its chest and always raised an element of doubt for its shareholders and then, when all was revealed, it instantly became a takeover target itself and in fast time, the takeover eventuated.

Personally, I have no inclination to sell any of my holdings as it seems to me that RMS is not all that far from announcing an upgrade, and secondly, we are at a very exciting time for the company (the bid for Dioro excluded)
    and if anyone can show me the selling of any one single share by any of its director's then I might have second thoughts.

In the meantime, I will sit back and wait for further high grade drilling results to filter through, and ponder on why the share price has just fallen back on the back of that drilling announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.87
Change
-0.070(3.61%)
Mkt cap ! $2.137B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.93 $1.93 $1.87 $4.239M 2.259M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1484 $1.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.88 28072 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.