STO 0.00% $7.43 santos limited

Pear, are you really claiming to understand the oil market?...

1. 4,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Pear, are you really claiming to understand the oil market?
    What's your reference for that?
    Are you involved in the oil market in any professional capacity?
    My apologies if you are, but your lack of understanding suggests you aren't and its a kind of deception otherwise to claim you do.
    Again I apologise in advance if I am off base here.

I'm not claiming I know everything there is either, far from it.
    However having traded oil for a few years for a bank I do know a little bit about it.
    What isn't up for debate is what I describe in regards the storage of over supply of oil, as much as the moon landing isn't. If you actually did a little bit of research you could find this out for yourself.
    However what is debatable is the impact of the said storage play on the poo.
    Perhaps its being overstated or understated in the market.
    My view is, its the latter & its also why the banks are extremely bearish as they will be seeing the swap flow of the sell forward transactions.
    Personally I think claims of $20 - $30 oil are over stating what's to come, however I do believe they have the direction right, but the wider market just hasn't woken up yet to what is taking place.
    IMO we are witnessing a change in the energy market like we haven't seen in close to 100 years.
    And strangely its going to be driven by sentiment & the need for cleaner fuel rather than 'economics'.
    Although if the environmental impact of burning fossil fuels was priced appropriately, you could argue it also makes economic sense to turn to green energy.
    However the recent massive deal Apple just completed on using solar energy was done on the basis of economics as well as environment. The CEO said the solar alternative was cheaper.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.43
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $24.19B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.45 $7.47 $7.41 $28.91M 3.882M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 17276 $7.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.44 24876 31
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.04pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.