STO 1.83% $7.81 santos limited

POO is AUD$70, page-51

1. 9,810 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3493
    coop - sorry but i feel you are being naive

the way people make money running listed companies is from huge leverage in ownership for little of their own capital

that means they are insulated from the worst of the boom bust cycle unless they really lose control at top of cycle and reinvest private savings - which certainly happens - but generally the billionaires are the ones with real self control.

or some guys in drilling just work hard, get lucky and find an amazing discovery. but that hardly means they are good investors.

what they say to the public serves their own interests.

ordinary joes trying to make money on market have to be extremely sceptical of such progostications

eg all the value investors piled into IBM last October after Warren Buffet said he was buying

bad mistake

nothing wrong with the booner's view of upside - its the stretch that needs to be inspected.

the best billionaires to listen too tend to be the hedge fund guys like soros. they are the ones trying to do something similar to what you are doing.

guys who run actual listeds (that arent investment firms) tend to be too one eyed.

my last job was working with several near billionaires. i speak from some experience.

i told them this downturn was coming 4 tears ago. not one of them believed me

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.81
Change
0.140(1.83%)
Mkt cap ! $25.36B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.80 $7.82 $7.76 $53.77M 6.831M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 43486 $7.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.81 39967 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.