DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

poor gas quality could end scots drilling plan, page-35

1. 4,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2697
    Watford

I'm more than happy to own up to being clueless on the technical aspects of this. So I encourage you or anyone else out there who does have some relevant technical grounding to explain whether this is a "drop dead" issue for Dart's Airth project or whether it is pretty much par for the course for a new gas project.

I will say that whilst Don Voelte strikes me as being a typical loud-mouthed yank he would not have raised the issue of caloric counts for csg unless there was some science to what he said. My impression has always been that it's not that it was not an issue for csg producers but rather its just obviously something that the big gas producers were able to work around.

Here's a paper from last year talking about how caloric count is a major issue in the LNG trade and how the gas producers have to work to ensure they hit the energy specifications in their contracts.

http://gastoday.com.au/news/counting_calories_the_measurement_challenge_for_lng_exporters/077138/

So of course SSE would be talking to Dart to ensure that Dart was in a position to deliver the quality of gas that SSE wants but I am guessing such discussions do not have the dire connotations that that newspaper article seems to suggest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.