Folks,The Western eonomic model has been predicated on unlimited...

1. 1,584 Posts.
    Folks,

The Western eonomic model has been predicated on unlimited "growth".

That's why for so long we failed to see that no organism (except a tumour) has unlimited growth.

Now that the third world (sorry, I meant the "developing" world) has enthusiastically "embraced" this model;

any warnings issued regarding unlimited growth is derided as the rich preaching abstinence to the poor.

Imagine my amazement to hear on the BBC last night a letter read out from someone named 'Tim' in Australia.

In response to a BBC program that drew attention to the population explosion on this planet,

..Tim wrote to say that "his country has plenty of space for more people."

Obviously he hadn't seen Dick Smith's recent TV program on this topic.

Or perhaps 'Tim' HAD seen it and figured that Dick Smith is brainless or racist.

I recommend Dick Smith's program to everyone who is concerned about this issue.

If there is something that is UNQUESTIONABLE about Mr Dick Smith it is that he is a genuine patriot and humanitarian...

...who commands high credibility and the genuine affection of the Australian people.

His actions, throughout his career, clearly disallow any accusation of his ever harbouring an intolerant bone in his body.

(Sir) Lunchalot
    Scoffer Extraordinaire

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.