HLI 1.31% $3.86 helia group limited

Someone once said,"risk is what is left after you have thought...

1. 107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Someone once said,"risk is what is left after you have thought about every potential risk possible".

on a side note, something to ponder:

I have always been curious why this business doesn't clone what Berkshire, Markel and Alegany have done. They have long tail risk exposures, but also sizeable capital that is not required for regulatory purposes. Now, with the split from the Genworth mothership, I would like to see them start allocating more capital toward equities, and further down the track to acquiring full ownership of businesses. Of course we don't have Warren or Gayner in our business, but I bet there would be many managers who would put their hand up to participate in this strategy. Furthermore, if they are shameful about cloning others, I often wonder why SOL don't come and take this over as it would provide them a continuous stream of capital that they could deploy at higher rates.

On the other side of the argument, I'm not disappointed with the dividends and buybacks. At least capital is not being wasted. The buybacks should support future dividends and I can redeploy the dividends at higher rates than their 4% investment returns.

Like to hear anyone's thoughts on this

I'm going to try and get to the AGM and ask them for their views on this cloning strategy

Cheers Brent Sweeney

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
0.050(1.31%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.85 $3.86 $3.79 $2.238M 584.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2868 $3.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.86 8921 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HLI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.