Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles, page-24

1. 4,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I know wikipedia isn't the all and end all of the knowledge of AFL... I'm sure Martyn you'd disagree anyway an explanation took... the ball only hits one of the central post's therefore it can only hit one centre post as it goes "Behind"??? but then as the ball is kicked through the two "Central posts ie Plural" when the ball hits a single post, As I was debating..."The Centre post" because the ball does not hit both posts...

Behind posts.... why call them the Behind posts when in fact they are Beside the Central posts?? Now I know I'm been pedantic, but when the ball goes through the Central posts, it too goes through or behind the posts??? therefore your AFL Terminology is derived from the old Colony days when the greater Australian population were lacking in education or Literacy. I'm sure you and your comrades are proud of your History and Convict heritage, As I witnessed on many occasions. It certainly highlighted the lack of intelligence or should I say sophistication in one's environment... Similar to Hiring Meatloaf for entertainment on Grand final day??!

Australian rules football goal posts - the two tall central posts are the goal posts, and the two shorter outer posts are the
    behind posts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_Australian_rules_football

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.