SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Hi Bigstar,all,Not sure if you picked up on this article re...

1. 3,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    Hi Bigstar,all,

Not sure if you picked up on this article re Bollore.
    Thoughts? Necotrans and Bollore may have been competing and one of the two came on top as one of the final contenders.

http://www.businessincameroon.com/transport/2401-4603-cameroon-bollore-loses-container-terminal-deal-for-the-kribi-deep-water-port

The earlier article re: "China no longer interested in investing in greenfield projects", makes me think that perhaps China got a sniff that the European contender for SDL is going to succeed and as a result China HAD to come out with an immediate/early public "excuse" why they won't be competing for the SDL project. If that's the case - the whole world will probably rejoice because it seems the West Africa region (also referring to the withdrawal of the Belinga convention)have had a gut full of Chinese "colonialization" by means of continuing infrastructure promises but with very little materializing within "promised" or reasonable timeframes.

All said, this leaves China with one option only - full blown takeover.

Anothor thought for speculation might be that SDL will go all out for Belinga. If it succeeds, China will have everything that it initially wished for - own and operate entire SDL project with all the bells and wistles (first mover advantage and enough synergies to draw in all surrounding mine projects in the region) as well as Belinga; or OR OR

As 9lives mentioned in earlier post that Jill commented that China doesn't want to go it alone (or something to that effect), it could be that China is behind a SDL drive to procure Belinga. Once achieved - China to step in as 50% JV partner.

But let's not forget Equitorial (with Badondo) and BHP- Anything is possible.

The "shock and awe" announcement for the century: - "BHP secures Beling and acquire 50% JV from SDL. - Bollore to build, own and operate rail and port." - Is it just a dream or is this likely?

Would the SP still only be 20c at most on such an announcement? Even 3 years out from production? I think not.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.