AZL 5.56% 1.7¢ arizona lithium limited

port of maputo target for export., page-32

1. 1,372 Posts.
    Badland no worrys from me mentioning PIR. My fav stock last year. Great piggery multibagger!!

Now this road / rail thing.
    I have read the ann and it sheds no light......So I will make it up. Why could this be....? My ramblings

1) The rail line is not currently rated to the speed, and or, weight of the trains needed for the task. Old passenger/light freight line perhaps? Rail lines are not all the same.

2) The rail and,or the siding are old and in need of repair/upgrade. The "siding" as referred to may be just that. Seen an old rail siding in the bush? Not really set up for loading and unloading tonnes of coal.

3) Perhaps the rail station at the port is not set up for unloading the coal and then getting it on a ship. Any one here seen the setup at a place like Hay Point near Mackay? Big infrastructure.

Well the 3 thoughts above just need money and the will to fix. Perhaps ZYL want to get the cash flowing and then will spend the $ to upgrade these facilities.

A different angle. The Port is 150 km by road from the mine. From the ann.
    This would mean loading on to the truck. Unload at the station, load on the train, then unload at the port, and then load on to the ship. The 150km drive and unload seems simple. Get the right size trucks! I suppose there is a point where the size of the operation and the cost of the infrastructure find the balance. The distance to the port would be a factor. The shorter the "rail" leg the less benefit to be gained from the extra steps in handling.

None of these factors have been discussed in the ann.

Just my thoughts on the road/rail. Some real info from ZYL would clear it up.
    Mower

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.