HIO 0.00% 2.1¢ hawsons iron ltd

Port thoughts, page-13

1. 918 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1006
    @treefeller - I simply used google maps to show some rough distances and I assume it followed main roads. If HIO was to build a pipeline, it would probably be a much shorter distance if it went a bit north of the route google maps selected, perhaps closer to Carrieton and Quorn or whatever route would be required to navigate any sensitive areas.

In respect to Port Bonython, I thought I had read small cape size vessels would be used (I can try and find that if you think relevant). I did not look at the size difference between small and large cape size vessels and how that would impact on transport costs, but slightly higher shipping in small cape size might be offset by lower costs on other parts of transport from mine to port.

In any event, I would still be in favour of using an existing rail line to an existing port - at least for lower construction cost and risk at start up any way.

In thinking about existing rail and ports, you commented about port and channel depth - what can you tell me about Whyalla's port? I understand that they do barge transhipments of iron ore currently, but not sure how far off shore and what size ships?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $5.623K 273.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1525175 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 164745 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.44pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.