HIO 4.35% 2.2¢ hawsons iron ltd

Port thoughts, page-14

1. 725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 193
    Whyalla Anchorage depth: 7.1m - 9.1m Cargo pier depth: 9.4m - 10m. Whyalla has best depth of all northern spencer ports but still not good for ore:

I'd guess that would be like Pt Bonython and accomodate panamax size vessels.

You are probably right that one of these would allow initial shipment from existing rail and port using panamax - I have never warmed to the idea of barging to deeper water = messy and double handling but always good to get started by whatever means. I did note in some of HIO speel somewhere that we are looking at 2+ km of jetty to get to "deep water" but it did not state what depth that was.

if a pipeline went further north it is probably getting mixed up with the Flinders ranges proper - but there is plenty of farmland just before that - Quorn and on to Hawker before.

Don't forget Iron Road (asx IRD) has plans for a genuine deepwater port south of pt Bonython for their ore and their hydrogen plans but they are treading water about as long as HIO. All these geen ore outfits cannot get their wants efficiently .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $22.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ $3.701K 161.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 260997 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 21100 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.33pm 15/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.