Porter Resigns, page-161

1. 85,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    yeah, I know exactly what you are feeling I think

I'm now confused - because there's a clear need for national leadership ---------------with the decision power

but, we've got a clear example of what happens when you get total duds in that national setup - and, we're saved by having some states with some brains even if others don't

honestly - I don't know what is best.

The US system is clearly a crock of crap - and, Oz has shown itself to have the same potential

the UK is different - but, it's got countries - not states - and, it's totally buggered.

France is different - but, I don't know enough about it to say if it's really good - it sure doesn't have some of the problems with states.

Germany and the other European nations I'm also - well, ignorant on - but, many don't have the state issue. - which is a bloody good thing because they have enough scraps between nations as it is

I have to say that considering what pressure Covid brought to the EU ----------- sure there were multiple stuffups - oh, god, were there - but, the EU did really pull together on a lot of stuff - quite impressive really when you think of all the different personalities and cultures

they might have some major cluster roots - but, really - it's pretty bloody impressive to get someone like the Italians and the Frogs to agree with anything say with the Norwegians or Dutch etc..

Anyway - I should try to get on having a closer look about the place I guess - it's very comfortable where I am though and I seem to have the keel well stuck in the mud -- and, loving that part of it
    Last edited by pintohoo: 19/09/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.