AS2 2.27% 4.3¢ askari metals limited

Portfolio allocation, page-2

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    We're in the Wild West, being on the speculative side of the ASX. As with anything in life, we shouldn't put in more than we are prepared to lose. I'm my situation, I am at around 20% which I even believe is too high, but I still wish I had more! The remainder of my portfolio is on the mid cap and large cap end of town.

Todays announcement is obviously positive, as you pointed out and it can rouse feelings of wanting to go hard to maximise your winnings (if we get the results we want). I think risk mitigation is always a wise choice, especially in an economy that is in recession.

You will always wish you had more if it does well, and you will thank yourself for not buying more if the results are lacklustre. At the end of the day, put in what you feel comfortable with and in line with your due diligence. If you can't sleep at night, then you've put in too much. If you can put in an amount, whereby you would not breathe a word of it, if it went to zero, then that is your sweet spot.

I think as a rule of thumb, you don't want to have more than 5-10% max in speculative plays. Again, it's all about risk tolerance. This is only for you to decide.

All the best with your choice. Not financial advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AS2 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $4.201M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.7¢ 4.3¢ $9.477K 213.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 35821 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AS2 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.