VOC 0.00% $5.49 vocus group limited

Moreld, I am suprised by your comments about the "backdoor"...

1. 496 Posts.
    Moreld, I am suprised by your comments about the "backdoor" structure. This is commonly used as a quick and often inexpensive alternative to a full IPO. Basically FOF was a shell that VOC was able to restructure and list on a back door basis without having to go through the hassle of a full scale IPO for a new company. You need to look more closely at how the reverse takeover was actually structured. Your comments about the founders of VOC giving up too much equity dont really hold that much weight on closer scrutiny. Basically FOF issued circa 27 million shares in FOF to VOC shareholders as part payment to acquire the share capital of VOC. The balance of the payment was cash of 6 odd million paid to shareholders of VOC. FOF issued a further 10 million shares in FOF (to Investec) to largely be able to finance the cash component of the VOC acquisition (basically this went to the founders of VOC which was like them taking some chips off the table through a cash payment). The VOC founders only really gave away circa 12 million shares in FOF to original FOF shareholders however the cash balance of FOF almost netted that off i.e. the cash balance of FOF was roughly equivalent to the circa 12 million shares at an issue price of 50 cents per share, which in effect was another backdoor way of raising cash, so the original FOF shareholders didnt substantially benefit from the transaction (there was also a small 1.5 mill FOF share buy back in effect giving cash to existing FOF shareholders in exchange for a reductinon of shares). FOF then changed its name to VOC and now you have VOC as a fully ASX listed company with a much improved capacity to raise cash to grow the business. A bit of a convoluted description I know but hope it makes sense. Another point is that VOC only raised $1 million from the public (via the issue of 2,000,000 shares - the balance of new shares (excluding shares issued to VOC shareholders) was via a placement to Investec) so the register still very much represents the founding shareholders of VOC along with management and directors and some strategic holders like Investec. It also suggests there is a very limited free float of shares which is clearly displayed via the rapid and sustained appreciation of the share price from its listing price of .50. That being said I think this is a $2 share so there is still plenty of chances to make money of this one. Of course all just my take on things so DYOR and consult a qualified advisor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.