SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Positive broker report today..., page-2

1. 1,437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Another today from Motley Fool....

https://www.********.au/2017/08/24/2-top-growth-ideas-from-reporting-season/

In the whirlwind of reporting season, two companies with strong growth prospects have caught my eye this week; oil and gas producer Senex Energy Ltd (ASX: SXY) and dedicated payment processing company EML Payments Ltd (ASX:EML).

Senex Energy – locked and loaded

There wasn’t much to get excited about in the results presented by Senex Energy Ltd (ASX: SXY). Revenues were down on lower oil production. Net Profit was up, but still a loss. And the share price… well the share price didn’t budge.

However digging into the details it appears that Senex is finally in position to start realising its substantial growth potential.

Have the stars finally aligned?

Senex Energy claims extensive reserves of natural gas which make up 90% of the company’s total 2P (proved and probable) energy reserves.

This is a valuable mix to have at the moment with strong gas demand from major LNG export projects like Santos Ltd’s (ASX: STO) GLNG, as well as from domestic supply constraints. However the Senex share price has struggled because its gas is still locked in the ground and drilling wells costs a boat load of money.

Senex has spent the last two years raising cash and notching up smart funding arrangements to accelerate the development of its gas assets. The company has $134 million in cash on hand and plans to invest up to $100 million over the next 12 months.

As I noted earlier this year I don’t think the market will re-value Senex Energy shares until the gas business shows signs of producing material volumes, but that day is starting to look a lot closer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.