SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

positive comment from mr jones

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    We're going to go to a shareholders meeting as soon as practicable to ratify our appointment because there is no-one there to authorise our appointment.

"We'll be reporting that to ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) and will be acting under the auspices of ASIC while we carry that meeting out.

"I will build the board to the quality that it was.

"I feel a responsibility to these people - they've effectively given their lives to this company - and I feel a responsibility to their families and all of the people at Sundance including the shareholders."

Sundance was deeply saddened by the loss of former chief executive Don Lewis but still had an excellent management team, Mr Jones said.

"They are fiercely determined to make this company a success," he said.

"They are very capable and we feel with some guidance from this senior group of advisors acting as de facto directors until this meeting, that the company is in good shape.

"It's got a good balance sheet."

Mr Jones said studies for Sundance's Mbalam iron ore project in Cameroon, a world-class deposit, was well progressed.

"This is the largest undeveloped iron ore project in the world not owned by a major."

Exploration work at the project was suspended on Monday to divert personnel to the search effort.

Mr Jones said plans to resume exploration work would be discussed late on Tuesday.

"I would suggest that people will be given a rest," he said.

"After a brief period, a few weeks rest each, we'll get back to business."

Sundance non-executive director Ken Talbot, the former chief executive of Macarthur Coal Ltd, was the most widely known among the six Australians who perished.

Sundance non-executive chairman Geoff Wedlock also was a well known executive in mining circles.

The other Sundance deceased directors include Mr Lewis, company secretary John Carr-Gregg and non-executive directors John Jones and Craig Oliver.

Mr Jones said all efforts were being made to repatriate the bodies of the deceased executives as soon as possible.

It could take some time, he warned, although the Congo and Cameroon governments and US and Australian consular officials in those countries were assisting along with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.

Mr Jones stepped down as chairman of Sundance in late August last year for a six-month break to rehabilitate from a medical operation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.