SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

"George jones has worked in an office all his life. My guess is...

1. 13,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    "George jones has worked in an office all his life. My guess is his probably not a fit man"

Sido, you couldn't be more wrong. I was going to let that go to the keeper, but decided otherwise.

Read on...

George began his working life at 15 after being brought up in a WA orphanage. He went on to become a mechanic and spent 6 years in the Australian Army in the RAEME (as did I). He served in Vietnam and had a fitness and stamina that was quite simply beyond belief.

He was an avid grade cricketer, footballer and juniors coach for his childrens sports.

Even when he took up his position in the ANZ as a junior accountant he maintained that high fitness standard right through his banking career playing cricket and squash regularly.

I used to play him at squash when I was in the army and I was a very fit young man. He was 10 years my senior and I rarely beat him. If I would have run long distance against him I would have lost, and that was when I was at my best in the army. He hated losing and still does.

He once ran across the channel at Penguin Island on a visit with family...He beat the ferry back, with the family and all others on board left in awe.

He has a keen sense of maintaining his health but like all of us had some fun eventually. He still is very aware of his health and I dare say would give many here a run for their money.

He is a hard doer and has had an extraordinarily hard life, mostly pushing himself to be a high achiever since his early years in the home. He also used to cart thousands of bricks with his father-in-law, by hand (no forklifts back then). But even George couldn't keep up with him.

Before you, or anyone, begin to think this man isn't up to the task, take a long hard look at both what he has done in his life and achieved and what you have done. Look at his higher education, gained through his own endeavours. Mind boggling when you look at this mines life.

He will take SDL through all the way IMO, if he so chooses to do so. I could not think of a better person to be at the helm of SDL at a time like this. In particular I am certain that Geoff, Ken, and Don would be very proud and thankful he has returned to fulfil their vision and mission.

Looks deceive many and that is not how you judge anyone, to do so is very foolish. You judge them by their beliefs, capabilities and actions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.